Monday, October 25, 2010

HIGH HOPES CHALLENGE #94







Challenge #94 "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" hosted by Jeanne.....

I love Birthdays (especially mine)!! I have a whole lot of birthdays coming up in, around and shortly after the holiday season. I get completely discomboobalated making so many cards along with Christmas cards, so it was great to make a birthday card in advance (that's to say instead of the night before) LOL.

Anyway I embossed 'WILD PARTY' in black and coloured it with Tombow Markers. I love this adorable stamp and have been dying to colour it.....I was enjoying colouring so much I completely lost track of time and DH was waiting for dinner. I guess he knows me well enough to know NOTHING will tear me away so he went ahead and cooked dinner!!! Yes, that's right while I was colouring this sweet sweet man cooked my dinner. Steak, mushrooms, salad - it was amazing. God Bless this man! Lucky, Lucky me!

Okay so back to the card. I had some brown Bazzill cardstock that I embossed with a Cuttlebug folder awhile back and didn't use ...so as it so happened it was perfect for this card. I found some blue polka dot paper that matched my blue monster guy (brought out his eyes don't ya think). I used my MS punch and put a strip behind the image I mounted on blue cardstock. Put a "Happy Birthday" on top and there you have it. I think my son-in-law will like this one.

Thanks for stopping by and hope everyone has a good week - Don't eat too much candy on Trick or Treat Night!!!

Hugs...
Cathy xx


5 comments:

  1. AWESOME card, Cathy
    Your colouring is fabulous!!
    I love it!!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving what you did with this image!!!Your colouring looks fantastic--especially love how you did their rosey cheeks. Hope to play along this week!!!
    Hugs,
    Sarah :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy and WOW this is such a great card! Your colouring is superb and I love the image, so very cute. You cracked me up with discomboobalated, I think I have a new word of the week, love it. Oh and I have a dinner over here that needs cooking, is he busy? :D. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is darling Cathy (and so is your husband!) Your coloring on this is off the charts amazing! I think this is one of your best so far! LOVE IT! It was a blast serving on the High Hopes team with you! You are so talented. Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete